Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Five:The Reckoning- Kelley Armstrong

I'd been waiting to read this book for awhile. It's the end of a trilogy, and I needed to see what was going to happen. I was recommended the first book in this series by my friend and practicum teacher Michelle, she was reading the first one while I was in her classroom and she loaned it to me. I loved the book and was hooked on the series... sadly other books got in the way and prevented me from getting through the series as quickly as I would have liked to. The books in the series go in the following order, just in case you were wanting to check them out:
1-The Summoning
2- The Awakening
3- The Reckoning
If this is a book series you think you might be interested in reading, don't continue down. When I was looking on Kelley Armstrong's website she said that there is no way to summarize a book in a trilogy without giving something away from the previous books. I will tell you a few things about these books... they deal with the supernatural- let's see werewolves, witches, necromancers etc. They are teen fiction, and they don't have sexy scenes, so they are great for teens. It's an interesting story line that is filled with excitement... I found reading the first book that I did get a little creeped out at some points, but that could be because I am a big wimp, I was reading late at night and Brandon wasn't home. My imagination seems to run wild when I'm alone at home and can hear strange noises... okay back to The Reckoning...

The Reckoning

Same problem here as with The Awakening. In a trilogy, after the first book, it gets really hard to describe the next book without giving away serious spoilers. If you’ve read The Summoning and The Awakening, read the below description of The Reckoning. If you haven’t read the first two, don’t do it!


My name is Chloe Saunders. I’m fifteen, and I would love to be normal.

But normal is one thing I’m not.

For one thing, I’m having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother–who just happens to be a sorcerer–but, between you and me, I’m leaning toward the werewolf.

Not normal.

My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us…permanently.

Definitely not normal.

And finally, I’m a genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.

As far away from normal as it gets.

Taken from: http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/the-reckoning/

I really enjoyed this series and specifically this book. The characters have a lot of thinking and trusting to do in this book, and you are always wondering if they are trusting the right people, it is quite suspenseful and exciting. There is a love story in here too which you could kind of suspect throughout the entire book but it was great to see if come front and centre in this book. I'd love to see these books made into a movie, I'd love to see who they choose as the characters and to see if they look like how I imagine them. The only thing that I would change is then ending... I wasn't satisfied with how it ended... I'm one who likes to have all my questions answered and they were not in this book. For the end of a series it didn't seem complete, doesn't mean that I don't love the books, I DO... but it almost seemed like they were leaving room for maybe more books to come. I'd for sure love to see what happens to these characters in the future! Maybe, just maybe I'll get my wish!! Check out another interesting trilogy

No comments:

Post a Comment