Monday, January 24, 2011

Welcome Book Lovers...

Hello Friends...

I have been wanting to start this blog for the past few months. I love reading and I love recommending books when people ask, so I thought, why not create a blog about it. I have also made the goal this year to read 50 books and I wanted to be able to share those books with you, hopefully I'll be able to accomplish this goal.

Another reason I wanted to start this blog is because I am surrounded by books in both of my jobs. I am a first year teacher, who is substitute teaching, so I see all sorts of different books and what kids are reading and loving! I also so neat activities to do with them, so to help record them for my future use and for anyone to use I thought I'd try to record them here. I also work part time at a book store and I LOVE every minute of it. My main spot in the store is in the kids section, but I am familiar with the rest of the store too. I work with some amazing people and get to talk books all day at work. I'm a very lucky girl!
This is me at the bookstore... Curious George visited the store and we celebrated his birthday. I had to get my picture taken with him because I love his books and his tv show!
This is me at one of the schools I work at. A student I was working with wanted to take my picture so after she accomplished her work I let her. That day I was working in the Resource Room and I loved every minute of it, I so enjoy reading with students to help them improve their reading skills!

I hope that you'll enjoy heading about the books I'm reading and that this blog will encourage you to pick up a book and start reading. If you have any recommendations please let me know, I'd love to share other's thoughts and pictures on books. Have any cute pictures of people reading send them my way!

Happy Reading!

Stay tuned later today for my first two reads of 2011!


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading. I'll have to borrow I Am Number Four from you at some point, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley LOVES George! We bought and Old Curious George book from the 40's and it's abut how the man in the yellow hat KIDNAPS George. Once george is on the boat he gets drunk and throws up over the side but finishes the night off with a cigar! Needless to say, we don't read that one! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam got pretty excited about that George picture! I have added 13 books to my "to read" list on Goodreads, so I'll let you know what I think of them as I go along too! 50 Books is a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good! I'm so glad you decided to start this up Karen!

    ReplyDelete